By ◆ Juppie on Saturday, February 28, 2009 @ 9:34 AM


...Actually, now that I think of it, that isn't true. But oh well. Some of the tulip bulbs we planted back in late 2008 have started shooting up through the dirt. It's like magic. I think we planted 25 of them, though I don't know if all 25 of them will live to have those beautiful flowers. (One of the places we planted a bulb is just a hole now. Maybe a squirrel or bird dug it up, somehow. I didn't think they ate tulip bulbs, but who knows.)

I was attempting to learn the numbers and a few characters in Chinese. Mostly it all looks like random dashes and lines to me, but I guess that's just the way the language is. I always got confused between the characters for 5 and 9. I'll figure it out eventually, I suppose. I use my whiteboard to practice. (It's hard if you use a bad quality marker, though...Make sure to use new whiteboard markers if possible. Not too dry and not too watery.)

Today, I want to spend some money, for some reason. It's probably bad, especially considering these economic times, but I haven't bought anything for myself (besides food) for a few months. Since I have free time this weekend, maybe I should ask my parents if I can go to Nordstrom or some other place I like.

I tried some strawberry milk this morning. It tastes okay, though the flavor is not familiar to me. I prefer smoothies or yogurt to strawberry milk, personally.

My dad seems to have a lot of free time. He's always watching movies or lurking on a Chinese forum. He doesn't even have an account on that site, yet he's still able to view the forums. I thought that was weird, that he always just reads posts and looks at celebrity pictures but never posts...He's a talkative guy, so I thought he would be like that on the Internet, too.

Anyhow, right now, the TV is on (even though no one is watching it) and the channel is the Golf Channel. We have an inside joke at my house where I say "The Golf Channel would be the best channel if it didn't have golf on it." Golf is such a slow-paced sport, sometimes they film ducks flying overhead instead of filming the players.

My parents sometimes worry about being laid off. I guess my mom's company would rather lay off workers than cut activities. My mom's "group" at work played lawn bowling to celebrate when they finished a "project"...Guess they still have enough money for that, and for eating at restaurants that are at least much better than the school's reheatable food. My mom says she's busy at work, too, since she has to type a weird code, and is constantly visited by people, but it's actually not true. One of her group members visited my mom's cubicle just to tell her that there was free pizza. Then the two of them were gone in a flash. (I always knew my mom likes the crusts on pizza, but...)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

← Back to the blog?

Top ↑


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Copyright © 2010 Kaisoumizu - All rights reserved