By ◆ Juppie on Sunday, September 27, 2009 @ 8:00 PM


I am not much of a risk-taking person. I'm a little paranoid of gambling, and I don't like to lend people money or to get a loan myself. In fact, when I play Animal Crossing: Wild World, oftentimes the animals say things to me if I refuse to buy something, like "You could've used it for so many things! It was the perfect gift!" or "You're never going to get anywhere with an attitude like that," so on and so forth. But I have tried to open up more so that I can experience things that I am missing out on. Sometimes you find out that you like something that you refused to do for so long.

Take for instance the time I went jet skiing in Australia. I've never done anything like that in my life. I thought I would likely fall in the water and be eaten by sharks or something (I have no idea if there are sharks in Australia). I decided I shouldn't miss this, though, because I probably wouldn't get another chance to ride a jet ski for a long time. So I got on board a jet ski behind my dad. (You have to be sixteen to drive a jet ski, apparently). My dad was not very good at following the vapor trails, which you need to do. Also, we kept getting left behind because there were two people who liked to drive fast. I got freaked out whenever we ran into big waves. But we never did fall off. It turned out to be really fun even though my arms were really stiff afterward.

There's also almonds. I was always scared of nuts because I'm allergic to peanuts and possibly some of the other nuts too. I wouldn't even touch almonds anymore. Then I tried some almond things, like some almond nougats my dad got as a gift, and almond crisps (addicting, salty-tasting crackers). I realized I would still be okay as long as I didn't eat peanuts. (Which I am still allergic to, because one time I accidentally ate a sandwich with the nuts in it, and then I felt weird)

Most recently, my mom gave me one of those pills that you eat orally. It was a Tylenol pill, I believe, white on one side and blue on the other. Apparently once you're too old to take kids medicine you need to eat the adult medicines, which are usually eaten orally (like how adult toothpaste is almost always some kind of mint flavor). This is a problem for me as I tend to choke easily and am too scared to swallow the pill since I think I will choke to death and have to be rushed to the hospital. So I tried to eat it by putting the pill in, then drinking water and trying to make the pill go down at the same time. But I kept not swallowing it and I could tell my mom was getting really frustrated. I gave it one last shot and it finally went down. I don't like taking that kind of pill and afterwards I was coughing a lot more. My mom insists the pill won't cause you to cough more, though. Now I'm glad I did it, because then I'll hopefully be able to eat medicine orally in the future. (I hear my parents eat it everyday. Wow.)

Anyhow, the point I'm trying to get across, is that you should take risks. You might regret not doing anything in the future. Just don't be foolish.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

← Back to the blog?

Top ↑


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Copyright © 2010 Kaisoumizu - All rights reserved