By ◆ Juppie on Saturday, February 7, 2009 @ 2:43 PM


This morning, we were getting our converter box set up in our house. So this guy in a car came. (In the back of the car was a ladder and some other stuff. I don't know if he used it or not.) He came in, wrote down notes, and talked to some unknown person (via a radio or walkie talkie or phone or something). Eventually the TV signal came back and we have to use a new remote control. We can now see what shows are at what times on all the channels we have. (Well, at least we got a few extra channels from this new box thing, even if we have to pay for it. Also we have faster Internet) My dad was looking forward to digital TV but it turns out you need to buy ANOTHER converter box and pay $7 or $8 a month. Grrr.

And then the other scary guy came. He was in an AT&T truck, and he came to fix our broken phones. Apparently we didn't do something we were supposed to do which caused us to have no phone access. (Sometimes I wish my parents knew more about these things so we wouldn't have to summons strangers in their trucks.)

Since we go to the San Jose - Calabazas and Santa Clara - Cupertino libraries every week, that was our destination when my family got into the car. I accidentally put a San Jose book in the bag meant for Santa Clara books so my mom was really mad (we went to SJ first, then Cup, so we would've had to go back to SJ). Luckily none of the SJ books are due yet so it didn't matter, and I could just return that book next week.

My favorite thing at the Cupertino library is...Well, I like a lot of things. Like that garden that has an open sky. It's basically just a courtyard in the middle of the library but it's nice since there are places to sit and Internet access and some drying-up plants. (I've seen flowers and bamboo being grown before. I wonder if it's still alive. I haven't been to the garden recently because I was busy admiring something else.)

Another thing I like about the Cup library is the machines. Like the newer returning books machines they have. You put the book/media through the slot, upsidedown with the "spine" facing to the left. You keep doing this until you're finished, then you can print a receipt. I like this machine for some strange reason.

And the best thing of all is the...slot machine sounds machine! It's actually one of those machines you use to check out books. It's upstairs on the adult level. When you go up the stairs, you'll see two machines that look alike next to the elevator. Don't be fooled. The one on the left is the one that has musicality (I don't know if that's a word or not, but my Mozilla Firefox automatic spellcheck thinks so). You should use it if the line for it isn't too long.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

← Back to the blog?

Top ↑


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Copyright © 2010 Kaisoumizu - All rights reserved