By ◆ Juppie on Tuesday, June 22, 2010 @ 11:45 AM

A few days ago, I dropped my Nintendo DS.

It's not the first time this has happened. I've dropped it several times before - on carpet and even on my driveway. But this was the last straw that broke the camel's back.

I can't turn the DS on anymore. It lights up for a short while but then flickers off with a kind of cracking noise. I've tried tinkering a little with it but it doesn't do any good.

I was hoping that maybe my parents might have an idea how to fix it, but they said that it was simply getting too old, and probably whatever broke was inside the DS, so there's no real way to get to it without taking the DS apart. (But since it can't turn on anyway, I think it's worth the risk to try and open it up so that there's a chance of fixing it. But I'm not knowledgeable about this kind of thing, so I have no idea what I would do even if I get into the inner workings of the DS.)

If I'd taken more caution and hadn't dropped it on the ground, it would still work. It might have served me yet for a few more years. I know that know one has the power to change the past. But I sure wish I could do something about it.

Maybe it's because I've never seen someone die or attended a funeral that the demise of an object can affect me so much. But maybe it's best that I never have to deal with the pain of someone dying in my life and that this be one of the few things that I've grieved over.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

← Back to the blog?

Top ↑


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Copyright © 2010 Kaisoumizu - All rights reserved